With a new school year fast approaching, HP has the latest PCs, printers and accessories to give students the freedom they need to work from anywhere at a great value.
HP offers a variety of desktop PCs, notebook PCs and printers that provide the most advanced technology, are easy to set up and pack a full set of features to help maximize productivity.
In addition, the HP Academy purchase program gives students, parents and teachers access to exclusive savings on HP PCs and printers as well as software and accessories. A team of dedicated HP tech advisors is available to help students find tailored solutions that best meet their individual needs.
Sleek PCs move students to the head of the class
HP notebook PCs are designed to be thin, lightweight and stylish – making them perfect campus companions. For students who want a desktop PC and value a modern, space-saving design, the HP Pavilion Slimline desktop PC fits virtually anywhere without sacrificing performance. Also, students can enjoy one-click access to a school year’s worth of video, photos and music with the exclusive HP MediaSmart software, which is available on all HP notebook and desktop PCs.
HP Pavilion dv5 – Available in three fun colors – black cherry, champagne and Sonoma red – there is an HP Pavilion dv5 to match every student’s personal style. It features a 14.5-inch (diagonal) high-definition (HD) display(1) with built-in webcam, an integrated DVD burner(2) and, for a superior entertainment experience, Dolby Advanced Audio and Altec Lansing speakers.
HP Pavilion dm4 – An inch thin and weighing just 4.4 pounds,(4) the stylish Pavilion dm4 is the ideal choice for a long day spent on campus. It features a 14-inch (diagonal) BrightView HD light-emitting diode (LED) display,(1) built-in webcam, up to 6.5 hours of battery life(5) and a range of ports, including an HD multimedia interface (HDMI) port for connecting to a TV.(1) A fingerprint reader with HP SimplePass offers access with more security to all passwords and accounts with the swipe of a finger.
HP ENVY 14 – One of the thinnest, lightest notebooks available,(4) the HP ENVY 14 includes Beats™ Audio, a unique, high-performance technology developed by HP and Beats by Dr. Dre™ to provide the optimal sound experience – the way the artist intended it. The HP ENVY 14 features a powerful Intel® processor to keep up with the most demanding tasks and premium graphics for gaming and videos.
About half the size of a traditional tower, the HP Pavilion Slimline s5510f packs a punch with an AMD dual-core processor,(6) Windows® 7 and a 640-gigabyte (GB) hard drive.(7) The Slimline is paired with an HP 2210m 21.5-inch diagonal monitor so students can watch HD movies,(1,8) edit photos and play online games(9) in brilliant color and clarity. Need to head to class? Take all content to go with an HP Mini 110 and coordinating sleeve.
The new line of web-connected HP Photosmart printers gives on-the-go scholars the freedom to access their digital content and print from anywhere on campus without a PC. Students can print last-minute term papers or class schedules using HP ePrint from any mobile device to any ePrint printer without loading any drivers or software.(10)
Students with downtime can access entertainment print apps like Fandango and soon-to-come social print apps like one from Facebook, as well as other advanced printing options on the intuitive HP TouchSmart screens.(11)
For families looking for a new home printer to start the academic year, there are dozens of print apps available for everyone in the house – from preschoolers (Crayola, PBS Kids) to high schoolers (Yahoo!, Picasa). Wireless setup and ePrint functionality mean multiple members of the family can print from their personal computers or smartphones without being connected to the printer.(10)
HP Photosmart e-All-in-One – Print web content quickly using the 2.4-inch HP TouchSmart screen on this ePrint-enabled printer. Create impressive photo projects for class affordably using individual inks and photo-printing features such as the auto-engaging photo tray.
HP Photosmart Premium e-All-in-One – Students can be prepared for a day on campus with wireless access to the web and a full line of advanced print apps – including up-to-the-minute news from MSNBC and the day’s social events from Facebook – all without a PC. This top-of-the-line printer features a 4.3-inch HP TouchSmart screen with enhanced touch technology and can save paper by up to 50 percent with automatic two-sided printing. Expected to be available worldwide in September.
Students can further customize their print experiences by visiting the HP ePrintCenter, where they can get product updates and configurations for their devices, as well as track ePrint jobs and browse and suggest new print apps.
Parents can look forward to surprises for their preschoolers when they purchase HP Multipurpose Paper and HP Photo Paper for the family printer. Look inside the package for a redemption code that will unlock exclusive printable activities and content from HP and Disney at the Disney Print Center.
Affordable, advanced HP all-in-one printers
With the HP Officejet 4500 All-in-one Printer – one of HP’s most affordable business inkjet devices – students or families short on space do not have to compromise their output. The printer delivers professional-quality color documents at a low cost per page with fast speeds and wireless networking.
HP’s most affordable laser printer, the HP LaserJet Pro P1100 Printer series, features the industry’s first new “plug and print“ technology to begin printing in as little as two minutes when connecting a netbook, notebook or desktop PC to the printer. With a sleek, black finish, the HP LaserJet Pro P1100 Printer series offers wireless functionality, fast print speeds and professional print quality to increase efficiency and turn out best-looking class presentations.
(2) Actual speeds may vary. Does not permit copying of commercially available DVD movies or other copyright-protected materials. Intended only for creation and storage of original material and other lawful uses.
(3) Estimated U.S. street price. Actual price may vary.
(5) Battery life will vary depending on the product model, configuration, loaded applications, features, use, wireless functionality (including the wireless functionality) and power management settings. The maximum capacity of the battery will naturally decrease with time and usage. See MobileMark07 battery benchmarkwww.bapco.com/products/mobilemark2007 for additional details
(6) Dual Core is a new technology designed to improve performance of multithreaded software products and hardware-aware multitasking operating systems and may require appropriate operating system software for full benefit. Not all customers or software applications will necessarily benefit from use of this technology.
(7) For hard drives, 1 GB = 1 billion bytes. Actual formatted capacity is less. Up to 14 GB of storage space is reserved for the system recovery software.
(8) ATSC HD and NTSC source content varies and depends on broadcast signal, antenna, geographic location and other factors. External over-the-air antenna that receives UHF and VHF signals is required for ATSC reception. Viewing HD content requires compatible HD display. Ability to record, edit or transfer broadcast content such as TV programming may be limited depending on type of content. Performance issues may arise and do not constitute defects in the product. HD content required for HD performance.
(9) Wireless access point and internet service is required and sold separately.
(10) Requires a wireless access point and an internet connection to the printer. Touchscreen menus are in English or English/French only. Availability varies by region. Services may require registration. Details atwww.hp.com/go/ePrintCenter.
(11) Systems may require upgraded and/or separately purchased hardware and/or a DVD drive to install the Windows 7 software and take full advantage of Windows 7 functionality. Seehttp://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/ for details.