The first step is deciding which type of driver to install. There are many products that have more than one driver option on the downloads page. Your choices may include a Basic type and Full Feature type. If both options are available, the following information will help you decide which driver to download and install.
BASIC DRIVER: This driver runs the basic print functions of your product only. If you have an HP All-in-One, the basic driver does not provide the software needed for most users to copy or fax from the computer, or to use all the scanning features of the HP All-in-One. Also, for quick downloads, this file size is smaller than the Full Feature driver, so it is faster to download and install.
FULL FEATURE DRIVER: This driver is for enhanced printing and full functionality. HP has valuable software to help you get the most out of your product. If you have an HP All-in-One, this driver provides complete product functionality for printing, scanning, copying, and faxing. The software varies by product. For example:
– Searchable help files tailored to your product
– Image-editing software
– HP Solution Center, this important tool helps you establish setting for printing. It also helps you with product maintenance, troubleshooting, and software updates, and links to buy supplies.
– During the installation process, the Full Feature allows you to choose custom installation, where you select the specific software items that you want to install.
Directions to Download the software:
HP recommends the Full Feature type of download, if available, to ensure the best support your product.
Follow these steps to download the product software and save it to your computer.
1. Disconnect the USB cable from both the product and the computer (if you already connected it).
2. Turn the product on.
3. Right-click this link: Get Software and Drivers, and then click Open in new window.
4. Type your product number, and then click Next. You might also need to click your model in a list of similar products.
5. Click Software & Driver Downloads.
6. Select your operating system, and then click Next.
7. Click the Plus sign () next to Driver, and then click the driver that you want to download. If you need help deciding, see the information in the previous table.
8. Read through the minimum system requirements and additional instructions. You can also click View directions () for complete download instructions.
9. This option allows you to install the software at any time after the download completes.
10. Click Save, and then browse to the location on your computer where you want to save the file.
11. Click Save. The software downloads to your computer.
Hint: Make a note of the place that you saved the file, in case you want to install it at a later time.
For assistance please contact HP.
Web Support: Hewlett Packard Technical Support
Phone Support: 1- 800-474-6836